Saturday, August 25, 2007

Why choosing a b-school is like choosing a hair solon

No. I am not trying to be funny here...
I just had a bad haircut (probably the worst ever) . Ya. I also finished reading freakanomics..

and now..I found a strong link between a hair solon and a b-school.
Everyone wants to be in the best fit b-school -The school which caters what you want.
The way you choose a school is oftentimes similar to the way you choose a hairsolon (of course, the impact is much more).

You try to
- see the place from outside
- checkout if the solon dresser has been doing a good job on others
- its fits all your specs (cost, time etc)

Now, once you decide to enter a solon, the choices are not much.
Of course, you can tell the dresser what you want (like choosing electives, specialization). But, the end result is not fully in your hands :)

This might sound stupid !! May be it is..

Betw, I added a new school to my R1 list. Tuck seems to fit me well..Atleast from outside :)