Thursday, August 9, 2007

Enjoy the essays

Now that I have decided on 2 schools for R1, I started the big task - writing essays !! I have never been so interested in writing. Atleast, thats what I used to think before I started writing some tech articles couple of years back. Until a week, I thought I was OK writer when it comes to tech jounals but essays are gonna be daunting..

Intrestingly, I have discovered I am enjoying my essays much more than I expected :)

People hardly get a chance to write about themselves. Though most would think it would be easier to write about others than themselves, I strongly disagree :) b-school essays are obviously a good place to be you and write what you feel about you. I like the concept of essays in the whole application process. But, what makes me a bit annoyed is this whole admissions consultant thingy. Why should anyone give their essays to be written by others? After all, its about being yourself. Aint't it? So, i digged in more.

There are 2 types of essay service. Though I am ok with this review concept, I totally dont get the need for full fledged writing service. If you can't handle your own essays and show who you are, is it worth to be in a top b-school?
When these admission consultants boast of writing the best essay for their clients, is it not organised crime? The more I think about this the more I see the dark side of it...

Anyways..I really dont get it..!!

Betw, I started off with both LBS and INSEAD essays... I seem to like LBS questions better. They have asked questions which I have asked myself several times..its easier that way :)