Last 2 weeks have been hectic..
I finally came back for a vacation..took off for a week..
Before I took this vacation, I got a chance to attend the MBA tour in Taipei. I had lots of expections when I registered for the tour. And I have to say - I was very dissappointed. I got almost nothing out of this crowded fair. Most of the fellow applicants were very much undecided on the schools (even if they needed an MBA). The tour was fully targeted for them.
I did chat with adcoms of my target schools. They obviously give a general encouragement - but nothing specific at all. I felt talking to alumni is a much more useful excercise.
And then I had this great "essay" vacation. Yes, I visited my parents. But, most of my time was with essays :)
I had 3 awesome reviewers for INSEAD essays. 2 of them are INSEAD alumni and 1 is a INSEAD 07 participant. The good part is they all felt I had great stories to tell adcoms. The stories fall into place for the questions asked by INSEAD.
There is always a but :0
My good essays need to be great !! And they had several comments to make them great. All my reviewers giving almost same comments made me really happy. And all of them mentioned my draft version is good with lotsa TODO..
I did change lotsa stuff after review - especially my career goals essay.
I have 5 more days before the deadline. I will continue to be critical before I click SUBMIT.. :)
